2017-2020 Certification Requirements:
- A current USATF Membership Card. The membership can be done online prior to the clinic here.
- A mandatory NCSI background check (usatf.org/officials/ 3. A one- time certification fee of $35. It is good for 4-years; you can attend as many clinics as you like. You will receive copies of rule books, worksheets, rule book or jump drive/ CD. Method of Payment: Cash or check – payable to USATF Southern Association.
- Take Safe Sport Training Course, can be done online prior to the clinic or take the training at a clinic. It is a free class.
- Attend a clinic/training class.
- Complete and submit the form to the right
- Take an open book review rules test. Must have a passing score.
For your convenience a list of certification dates have been provided on this page. Please take a moment to review the dates and make note on your calendar of any dates in which you might be available to attend one of the specified clinics.
- December 29, 2016 (Thursday) Ragin’ Cajuns Soccer/Track Facility, 111 Reinhardt Drive, Lafayette, LA. Registration 9:00-AM, Start time 9:30 AM- 2: 30 PM Onsite contract: Gloria Louis (337) 962-3009. Topics: Certification Updates, Background Check, New Competition Rules, Weight Inspector, Test Reviews, Safe Sport Training, Field Activities how to use the Net book (Electronic Training) How to set up and reading the marks.
- January 28, 2017 (Saturday) Shreveport 7288 Greenwood Road Suite 113, Shreveport, LA. Time: 9:30 AM- 2:30 PM
Onsite Contact: LA Mark Carter (318) 820-6733. Topics: Certification Updates, New Rule Changes, Running and Field activities, Background Check, Race-Walk, Test Reviews and Safe Sport.
- February 4, 2017 (Saturday) Mc Comb, MS Time: 9:30 AM -2:30 PM
Onsite Contacts: Coach Floyd (601) 810-4887) or Gloria Louis (337) 962-3009. Topics: Certification Class, New Rule Changes, Running, Starting, Race-Walk, Clerk of Course, and Field activities Background Check, Test Reviews, and Safe Sport Training.
- February 11, 2017 (Saturday) Pearl Junior High School 200 Mary Ann Drive, Pearl, MS 39208. Time: 9:30 AM-2:30 PM. Onsite Contact; Dennis Groll (318) 355-2598. Topics: Certification Updates, Background Check, NCAA and High School Rules, Field /Running Activities, Race -Walk, Test Reviews, and Safe Sport.
- February 26, 2017 (Sunday) Baton Magnet High School 2825 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA. Time: 1:30 PM-5:30 PM. Onsite Contact: Zachary Wind field (225) 284-9448 or Gloria Louis (337) 962-3009. Topics: Certification updates, New Competition Rules, Clerk of course, Weight Inspector, Test Reviews, Safe Sport, Field Lynx Demonstration on track for High Jump and Pole Vault.
- March 4, 2017 (Saturday) Ole Miss Rebels 328 Hill Dr. University, MS 38677 Time: 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM. Onsite Contact: Sasha Leech (662) 915-7538. Topics: Certification Guidelines, Background Check, Memberships, NCAA and High School Rules. Running/Field Activities, Starting, Clerk of Course, Test Reviews, and Safe Sport Training.